Effective: May 1st, 2020
Tele E MD, LLC on its own behalf, owns and operates the websites located at www.teleemd.com and various mobile applications (collectively, the “Website” or “Websites”). Through these Websites, Tele E MD offers various online services that enable visitors to the Websites (“Visitors”) to receive access to various types of healthcare information and information about Tele E MD’s services (“Services”).
Through this policy, Tele E MD acknowledges that the privacy of information is of great importance to the Visitors.
By accessing or using the Website after such changes are posted, Visitors agree to all such changes.
V. Collection, Use and Disclosure of Information
Either Tele E MD or a third-party vendor on behalf of Tele E MD may automatically collect information while Visitors browse the Websites. Tele E MD may collect such information by tracking, or asking a third-party vendor to track, Vistior click-stream activity when such information is not tied to a user ID through the use of “cookie” technology or by tracking internet protocol (IP) addresses, as explained below.
Tele E MD will collect some basic information about Visitors and their devices, including, but not limited to:
- IP address (the computer’s address on the Internet)
- Operating system (e.g. Windows Vista)
- Browser software (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox)
- Internet Service Provider (e.g. AOL)
- Geographic location (e.g. Boston, Mass.)
- Type of device (e.g. iPad, desktop)
- Mobile device crash information
- Locale and language of device and whether it has fingerprint/face sensors
- Dates and times Vistior accessed and used the Website, features Visitor used in the Website, and how long Visitor used the Website overall
- Links Visitor click and pages Visitor view within the Website
- Pages Visitor view before and after Visitor leave the Website
The Information collected from Visitors on the Websites may be shared with Tele E MD suppliers and vendors and used in the aggregate to create summary statistics that help Tele E MD analyze the Websites’ usage trends, assess what information is of most and least importance, determine technical design specifications, arrange the Websites in the most user-friendly way, and identify system performance or problem areas.
By continuing to use the Websites, Visitors hereby consent to the use and disclosure of Visitor’s Information as set forth below:
- within Tele E MD or with Tele E MD service providers such as a cloud service provider for data storage;
- with Tele E MD financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to Tele E MD;
- to respond to a subpoena, order, legal process, or government request;
- to protect, establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- to investigate, detect, suppress, prevent or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the reputation or physical safety of any person;
- as otherwise required by law.
Tele E MD uses “cookies” to help Visitors better navigate the Websites. A “cookie” is a small piece of information sent by Tele E MD Health’s web-based applications that are stored by Visitor’s web browser on Visitor’s computer’s hard drive.
VII. Visitor Rights Regarding Personal Information
Visitors have a right to request that Tele E MD amend or delete the Personal Information it collects from your use of the Websites if Visitor believe it is incorrect or incomplete, and Visitor may request an amendment or deletion for as long as the Personal Information is retained by Tele E MD. Visitor must submit Visitor request in writing to Tele E MD and provide a reason to support the requested amendment. Tele E MD may, under certain circumstances, deny Visitor request by sending Visitor a written notice of denial.
(b) Withdrawal of Consent.
VIII. Contact and Notice
Tele E MD may be contacted or sent notices regarding this Policy by submission to the Tele E MD Privacy Officer by mail or electronic means as follows:
Tele E MD Privacy Officer
Tele E MD LLC
1508 Baltusrol Dr.
Marion, IL 62959