TeleeMD General Questions
Telemedicine is a way of facilitating healthcare services with the use of a technology platform in the form of telephonic consultation and real-time video visits to monitor, diagnose, and treat patients at any time and from anywhere.
Anyone who is comfortable using phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop can use the Tele-E-MD platform to access our healthcare services at the comfort of their home. It is very easy to use like other applications that you use on a day-to-day basis. You can also book an appointment for other family members and use our services.
Our process is very simple, fast and convenient:
- Easily book an appointment from your phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop (no app download/registration).
- Talk to your a doctor about your health and concerns.
- Pick up your prescription from your preferred local pharmacy.
The main benefits of using our platform are - accessibility, convenience, access to world-class doctors, timely care, cost-effective, 24*7 instant access.
We make the arrangement of prescription at your local pharmacy for you to pick up at your convenience.
Our platform is HIPPA Compliant and built with robust security. We keep your information completely confidential and discreet. We only share your information for your medical and treatment purposes with your permission.
With decades of research and existence, telemedicine healthcare is trusted by doctors and patient communities. For most of the conditions that are mentioned on our website, you will experience the same quality of care as a physical visit. Telemedicine is a safe, affordable, comfortable, and convenient way of accessing healthcare services.
Corona viruses are a type of virus. There are many kinds of it, some of them causes disease in human and animals.
Covid-19 is a newly identified corona virus which causes respiratory illness and it was first identified in Wuhan city of china in December 2019.
Covid-19 has wide range of symptoms ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
Common symptoms are:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle ache
- Repeated shaking with chills
- New loss of taste and smell
Children have similar symptoms as adults, however, generally they have a milder version of the illness.
Generally, symptoms are expected to appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
Covid-19 is a new disease and we are still learning how it spreads and severity of illness it causes.
- The virus primarily spread from person to person through coughing and sneezing by droplets.
- The droplets generally do not travel more than few feet and they fall on to the ground or to a surface in few seconds.
- This why social distancing and physical distance is important.
- Maintaining a good social distancing at least 6 feet is important in preventing the spread of virus
You may be at greater risk if you have recently lived in or traveled to regions where there are current outbreaks, or you have got in contact with somebody with active infection.
- Stay home, take care of yourself, avoid public places and transport and schedule appointment with our Doc for further advice.
- If you feel it is an emergency, please call 911
- There is currently no vaccine
- The best way to protect yourself is to avoid exposure to the virus
- The virus spread mainly from person to person through respiratory droplets produced by infective person.
- Maintain social distancing at least 6 feet.
- Wash your hands often
- Cover cough and sneeze
- Cover your nose and mouth with face mask , currently CDC recommends ok to use cloth mask when around others and out of your house.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces as tables, doorknob, light switches, desk, phones , keyboard etc.
TeleeMD is not able to order lab testing for COVID–19 currently. You will be guided to local health department for testing.
Provide support and help cover basic needs of the person
- Have a person see a health care provider
- Make sure he or she drinks lots of fluids and get plenty of rest
- Help them with their basic needs of daily living for eg. grocery shopping, filling prescriptions, etc.
- Please protect yourself while taking care of your loved one and follow CDC guidelines of protection.
- Contact us we can help.
Watch for warning signs and 911
- Trouble breathing
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
- Chest pain or pressure
COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning regarding it. Based on currently available information and clinical expertise, older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical condition may be at higher risk risk for severe illness. Based on current data, those at higher risk for sever illness from COVID-19 are:
- People 65 and older
- People living in nursing home or long-term care facility
- People of all ages with underlying medial conditions especially if not well controlled including:
- People with chronic lung disease
- People who have serious heart conditions
- People who are immunocompromised, many conditions can cause a person to immunocompromised please call us to discuss your health.
- People with severe obesity (BMI of 40 and higher)
- People with diabetes
- People with chronic kidney undergoing dialysis
- People with liver disease
Our experienced physicians are here to help you and guide you in any way possible for your needs, please review our services for your needs
- We provide care at your time and at your comfort.
- Our providers are using virtual care devices for coronavirus patients and other patients to guide and help in this challenging times of our nation.
- By virtual visit your care can be provided by our experience providers without the risk of exposure to infection